The restructured President's Advisory Council (PAC) on Diversity, Equity, Campus Climate, and Inclusion serves as Sonoma State’s council for diversity and equity-related activities, ensuring that all programs and activities reflect campus priorities. Co-Chaired by Chief Diversity Officer, Jerlena Griffin-Desta, Ph.D. and Dean of the Library, Karen G. Schneider, Ph.D. the council’s work is aligned with SSU’s core values, as articulated in the Strategic Plan and Graduation Initiative 2025: Diversity and Social Justice; Sustainability and Environmental Inquiry; Connectivity and Community Engagement; Adaptability and Responsiveness.
The council is charged with promoting policies and practices that increase opportunities, advance social justice, and create equitable experiences for the campus community. Its success depends in part on strong representation and engagement from students, faculty, and staff. Our efforts to make systemic change require bold and equity-minded leadership. We thank our Seawolf community for their willingness to challenge systems and structures that are not creating a more socially just campus.
Priorities of the President's Advisory Council on Diversity, Equity, Campus Climate, and Inclusion are three-fold: the administration of a campus climate survey; the conducting of an environmental scan of all programs, initiatives, and services related to diversity, equity, and inclusion; and the exploration on dismantling intersectional and structural hierarchies and barriers to equity and access.
- Chief of Staff to the President and Vice President for Diversity and Strategic Initiatives (Co-Chair)
- Dean of the Library (Co-Chair)
- Chair of the Academic Senate Diversity Subcommittee
- Provost & Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Vice President of Student Affairs
- Vice President for Administration and Finance
- Vice President University Advancement
- Chief of Police, University Police
- Executive Director, Green Center
- Chair or designee from each of the Affinity Faculty Staff Association (AFSA) groups
- Student representatives
- Associated Students Diversity Senator
- Students from underrepresented groups
- At-large staff representatives
- At-large faculty representatives
- Director, Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination
- Director, Office of Disability Services for Students
- Director, The HUB Cultural Center
- Staff appointed from each division
- Community representative
- Programs and Policy Specialist, Office of the President (Staff to the PAC)
- Senior Programs and Policy Specialist, Office of the President (Staff to the PAC)
For more information about the PAC please email email@example.com.